Sunday, November 8, 2009

Jazzin' Up a Site Map

So back when it was a class assignment to do your own site map, I took a glance at what everybody had brought in -- just to compare them to mine, see if I'd done the right thing, ya know. And much to my surprise, my shitty little sketch with arrows and scribbles everywhere turned out to be pretty nice by comparison. Everyone's looked a little sloppy, to be frank. So once I was assigned to do that for my group, I immediately decided that I was going to have to differentiate mine from the chicken scratch that everyone else was probably gonna hand in.

When I was a senior in high school, I dropped my 1st period advanced biology class so that I could take freshmen word processing instead. Why? Cuz fuck it, that's why. I wasn't gonna waste my time studying about cells and plants during my last year of HS when I could just smoke pot before school and race a bunch of 14 year olds in WPM every morning. I even convinced my two best friends to switch in with me. It was awesome -- we must have looked like such scumbags, but we ran that class.

But the point of this story is that I actually benefited greatly from taking word processing as a senior. I learned so many different little tools and tricks for Microsoft Word that I've been using all the time in college. I'm a friggin master when it comes to Word. I can format that shit like no other. So when it comes to drawing and putting symbols and creating something like a site map on the computer, it really comes easy to me. It looks SO much neater and more professional. Anytime a situation presents itself in which I can gain a leg up by using all the different Word features to impress a teacher, I jump on it. This was one of those situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment